The best restaurants in the world are those that permanently seek to provide superior quality service and products. In this area, the aim is to please the customer and, therefore, he is always right. Many people, in order to lead a healthier lifestyle, are starting to change their eating habits and therefore look for restaurants that have a sustainable conscience. This means that there must be a balance between what is produced and what is consumed so that its impact on the environment is as little negative as possible.
It is around these ideas that organic restaurants arise.
What is an organic restaurant?An organic restaurant is a way of committing to the care of the environment. It offers products that are of natural origin and therefore free of chemicals and preservatives. However, this is only a first step towards a sustainable restaurant.
This is because sustainability goes beyond food and also involves the proper management of resources such as water, energy efficiency, waste disposal and the relationship between the employer and its employees and society. Some key aspects define what is known as an organic restaurant:
- If the restaurant in question is not vegetarian, the animal products must be produced under conditions that are not unfavourable to livestock. The animals must be raised in a comfortable and spacious environment, fed on natural grass.
- All products used by the restaurant must be biodegradable. This means that they can be reused and recycled for other uses.
- The most valued ecological restaurants have their own vegetable garden.
This guarantees the care of the environment and the use of 100% natural products.
- The dishes served must be homemade and the only way to process the food is by hand and naturally.
- They must promote the collaborative economy. This can be achieved through collaboration with local farms and farmers.
An example of organic cookingIt would seemthat organic restaurants are a new trend; however, for several years now many establishments have been striving to develop practices that are environmentally friendly. Casa José, in Madrid, is an example of a restaurant that has been promoting these practices for years. Casa José began by supplying vegetable gardens and in 1991 opened its doors as an organic restaurant.
The values of this family enterprise are based on organic consumption and the preparation of dishes with seasonal vegetables. Its products, their preparation and the presentation of its dishes are part of sustainable procedures that seek to preserve the environment. Casa José is just one example of many who have been striving for years to provide organic products in an environment that cares for the environment. Organic restaurants promote all kinds of sustainable practices and, for these reasons, they are beginning to gain weight in this era in which more and more people are looking for a healthier, green-conscious lifestyle.